A Parish Council is an organization of shared ministry that plans and coordinates the overall policy of the parish in order to carry out the mission of Christ in the church. It is a consultative body of leaders within the boundaries of the doctrine, the liturgy, and the laws of the church.
Candidates are recommended by present Council members and asked to serve for a two or four-year term by the pastor.
The council meets the third Wednesday of the month in the St. John XXIII Building.
If you would be interested in this ministry, you can let this be known to Father Dan Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (717) 569-8531 ext. 216, or the Chair, Paul Currie at email@example.com
- Paul Currie, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christine Sanchez, Co-Chair, email@example.com
- Bob Belser, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erika Bodell, email@example.com
- John Fazio, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Al Gruswitz, email@example.com
- Kathy Kingston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paula Long, email@example.com
- Mary Manacher-Fritsch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Scala, email@example.com
- Jill Skinner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nga Vu, email@example.com
The Finance Council assists and advises the pastor in the administration of all material goods belonging to the parish and all fiscal matters of the parish within the limits of the code of Canon Law and directives of the Bishop.
The Finance Council is responsible for:
- Assuring that there is adequate revenue to meet expenses.
- Assisting the pastor in preparation of an annual financial report of income and expenditures for dissemination to the parishioners.
- Providing technical expertise to the Parish Council on fiscal matters.
Members are recommended by present council members and/or Father Dan Powell and meet on a monthly basis.
If you are interested in serving or have any questions, contact the Chairperson, Bob Shangraw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Building and Grounds Committee
The duties of the Building & Grounds committee are to make the Pastor aware of any maintenance problems, the condition of the mechanical systems and the condition of the grounds and help the Pastor with a 3 to 5 Year plan for the upkeep or replacement of those systems. The Committee also looks into ways in which we can decrease our energy consumption through updating our lighting & HVAC.
John Radicone, Chairman B & G Comm.